- Cellular and Molecular Biology (2nd Year, 1st Semester)
- PBL (Problem-Based Learning) II (2nd Year, 1st Semester)
- Medical and Biological Science I (1st Year, 1st Semester)
- Medical and Biological Science II (1st Year, 2nd Semester)
- Experimental Course of Medical Biology (1st Year, 1st Semester)
The major research targets of the laboratory are to elucidate pathogenic mechanisms, intracellular reactions, and treatments of allergic diseases and cancers. In addition, physiological and biochemical mechanisms of marine organisms have been investigated by using medical science techniques. The research topics are listed as below.
- Regulation of delayed-type allergic reaction and tumor growth using various culture cell lines and IL-5 transgenic mice, in which eosinophils are selectively proliferated.
- Regulatory effects of marine bio-resources such as algae on the life-style related diseases such as the inflammation of colon epithelial cells and diabetes.
- Study of the relationship between radiation-induced chromosome aberration and carcinogenesis.
- Establishment of human cancer cell lines for studying tumor genetics
- Identification of new role of endoplasmic reticulum in the several stress response.
- Pharmacological analysis of chemical compounds, which produced by marine microorganism.
- Molecular cytogenetic analysis of invertebrates, such as scleractinian corals and parasites.
- Expression of genes and proteins on the scleractinian corals, symbiodinium and bacteria while recovering from coral bleaching caused by rising ocean temperature
|Associate Professor: Takahiro Taguchi|
|Specially appointed Senior Professor, Professor Emeritus: Akira Tominaga|
|Professor (Faculty of Agriculture and Marine Science): Satoshi Kubota|
|Associate Professor (Faculty of Agriculture and Marine Science): Takushi Namba|